I’m one of those people who need to eat breakfast. And I almost always prefer cold foods to warm foods. Refrigerator oatmeal has quickly become a breakfast staple for me for so many reasons:
- It’s convenient (you make it the night before)
- It’s a great source of calcium and protein
- There are over 10 different flavors
- I love the texture of oatmeal (not to mention it’s cheap!)
- The chia seeds help stabilize my blood sugar level (among countless other benefits)
So far I’ve tried the Maple Blueberry and Pumpkin Pie (see picture) varieties. I definitely prefer the blueberry because it has a lot more flavor than the pumpkin. The sourness of the not-quite-ripe blueberries I used went well with the greek yogurt. Because of what I had lying around the kitchen, I experimented with honey instead of maple syrup (not the best idea) and used almond milk instead of skim milk (this one worked out). The pumpkin is a little bland (and the color takes some getting used to) but you can fix this by sprinkling cinnamon or nutmeg on top just before eating.